Art of Empathy - A Complete Guide to Life's Most Essential Skill
What if there were a single skill that could directly and radically improve our relationships and our emotional lives? Empathy, teaches Karla McLaren, is that skill. With The Art of Empathy, this acclaimed author teaches us how to perceive and feel the experiences of others with clarity and authenticity - to connect with them more deeply and effectively. Informed by current insights from neuroscience, social psychology, and healing traditions, this book teaches readers:
- Why empathy is not a mystical phenomenon but a natural, innate ability that we can strengthen and develop
- How to identify and regulate our own emotions and boundaries
- How to shift into the perspective of others with authenticity and respect
- How to provide support in a sensitive, perceptive, and healthy way
- Insights for navigating our evolving social landscape
- Targeted chapters for improving our family, workplace, and intimate relationships
- Ways to expand our empathy to our community and global levels of society and the natural world.
More than ever, reflects Karla McLaren, the time for empathy has come. The Art of Empathy brings readers welcome, practical guidance for mastering this essential life skill.